- Telephone 0131 556 5678
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–11.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Available on request at any time
- Average price £6.90 (set lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15.95
- Website www.tiamorestaurant.com
Jump to comments (12)
This review is taken from the 2010 edition.
Ti Amo's position opposite the Festival Theatre ensures its enduring success. Amusingly dated décor distracts from perusing menus bearing the brunt of many a thumb and spilled vino: menu-matching, smoke-aged, stencilled walls; pillars, statues, and an astounding, must-see, heart-shaped fountain as you glide down sweeping steps to the loos. Ti Amo happily lives up to the clichés, giving punters what they want. An extensive menu ensures options for all, even the carbonara-conscious who can plump for the 'healthy choice' menu. Beautifully titled retro classics such as the Sofia Loren pizza (asparagus and Parma ham), spaghetti Gorbachev (smoked salmon, vodka and caviar) and scampi Casanova (in a sauce of shallots, brandy, cream and mustard) appear alongside accessible favourites from melon and prosciutto to lasagne al forno and specials such as tagliatelle Ti Amo, done in a creamy bolognese sauce with olives and pepperoni. So pick your dessert by its picture, pour another glass and enjoy what will surely be a most memorable experience.
- High point: That fountain
- Low point: Disappointing fruit salad
- Private dining: Up to 140 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Italian crooners… and The Smiths!
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 140
- Open since: 1997
- House wine: £11.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 9 reviews of Ti Amo./5 from RSS feed of these comments