- Telephone 0141 331 1655
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.15pm, 5–10.30pm; Fri noon–2.15pm, 5–11pm; Sat noon–11.30pm; Sun 5–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Tue 5–10.30pm, Wed–Fri 5–7pm, Sat noon–6.30pm
- Average price £9.50 (set lunch); £26 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price Half-price mains; discounted set menus
- Website www.amberregent.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Behind the New York style canopied doorway, a cloakroom attendant directs guests into the expansive and traditional dining room with its air of composed extravagance. The menu offers plenty of variety, with seafood a speciality throughout – battered, steamed, fried or grilled, there is sure to be a fish dish to suit any taste. Crystal king prawns are enormous, deep-fried in a fluffy spring onion batter, with sweet lemon sauce for dipping and drizzling. Fish mains are to be recommended too. Steamed seabass arrives complete with head, tail and skeleton, but staff are happy to do the honours if required. The fish is gently cooked with soy sauce and ginger, and the perfect consistency for chopsticks. Meat-lovers can choose from a broad range including lamb and venison, not regularly found in Chinese cooking. Salt and pepper ribs set the tongue tingling, and strips of barbecued duck contrast with crunchy, colourful vegetables in one of the lighter mains. With great attention to presentation and a good cocktail menu, Amber Regent will continue to attract new customers alongside pleasing its appreciative regulars.
- High point: Friendly and familiar atmosphere
- Low point: No green tea
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Smooth classic pop
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 1988
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Amber Regent./5 from RSS feed of these comments