- Telephone 0141 221 3550
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2pm, 6–11.30pm; Sat noon–2pm, 5.30–11.30pm; Sun 5–10.30pm.
- Average price £11.50 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Website www.ho-wong.com
Jump to comments (3)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
At the fringes of the city centre, Ho Wong is a legendary Glasgow establishment. Its immaculately presented dining room is positioned beyond the bar area but feels miles away from the busy thoroughfares nearby. The restaurant is relaxed and filled with friendly chatter while service is flawless and staff attend to your needs almost before you know what they are. Classic dishes are lovingly served, like crispy duck, expertly shredded at the table, ready to be rolled in paper thin pancakes. Starters strike the perfect balance between crispy exteriors and succulent flesh, whether it is generously filled prawn toast or juicy ribs. And across the menu, meat is top quality and deftly cooked. A sizzling dish of chicken and beef in tangy capital sauce is alarmingly hot when it arrives – with meat that is firm but moist. Steamed king prawns in a delicate garlic sauce create a fresh, light alternative. The four-course set menus are popular with customers and perfectly paced, leaving a lingering sense of luxury as you sip a Chinese tea.
- High point: A VIP experience for all
- Low point: Sweets don't live up to savouries
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Lounge piano
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 1986
- House wine: £17.80 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Ho Wong./5 from RSS feed of these comments