O Sole Mio
- Telephone 0141 331 1397
- Food served Sun–Wed 11am–10pm; Thu–Sat 11am –10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Wed 4–10pm; Thu–Sat 4–6.30pm.
- Average price £8.95 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11.95
- Website www.osolemio-glasgow.com
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Despite its position adjacent to one of Glasgow’s busiest thoroughfares, O Sole Mio provides far more than a pit-stop for hungry shoppers. The restaurant lays claim to introducing the first real wood-fired pizza oven to Scotland, and is somewhat of a sanctuary for aficionados with a variety of authentic, thin-based pizzas on offer. As a consequence, the kitchen demonstrates a keen mastery over a secretly guarded dough recipe, with a light, rosemary-coated focaccia not to be missed. A generous selection of pastas, fish and meat dishes supplement mains, with spaghetti vongole – clams cooked with parsley and chilli – a notable standout, although the black ink pasta dish could pack a bit more flavour. House speciality of grilled wild boar has a great depth of flavour having been marinated in red wine, and is offset perfectly with a smooth parmesan polenta. Desserts require a revamp, with a cannoli arriving all too quickly and tasting as though it had spent too long in the fridge.
- High point: Stylish, modern setting
- Low point: Menu changes little over seasons
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Italian Jazz and pop
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 1964
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of O Sole Mio./5 from RSS feed of these comments