- Telephone 0141 423 6694
- Food served Tue–Sat noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10.30pm. Closed Sun/Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Sat 5.30–6.45pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £21 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £10.95
- Website www.romamiaglasgow.co.uk
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
There is an atmosphere in neighbourhood restaurants you just don’t get in town. It’s evident here the moment you walk through the door and are greeted like a friend, at once feeling perfectly at home with the staff’s Italian banter. This family owned business has been honing its style since 1998, although father Massimo has recently passed control to his son Michael. A starter of open ravioli with king prawns and scallops is well presented and generously laden with huge, juicy seafood. The Italian sausage pasta comes with a rich sauce packed with meat and wild mushrooms, ably washed down with the excellent house red. Though there’s no pizza available, the range of meat dishes showcase the kitchen’s ability. The tender chicken parmigiana bursts with vibrant flavours and is a perfect alternative if not in the mood for one of the many steak dishes. A restaurant like this will always struggle to lure people from the city centre, but it fulfills its role for regulars with captivating warmth.
- High point: Staff treating you like an old friend
- Low point: Overly cheesy melanzane alla parmigiana
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Traditional Italian
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 1998
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Roma Mia./5 from RSS feed of these comments