- Telephone 0131 332 3864
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2pm, 5.30–10pm; Fri noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10.30pm; Sat/Sun noon–4pm, 5–10.30pm.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.buffalogrill.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2014) edition.
Both the Buffalo Grills have a down-home, easy familiarity and not just because the older of the two has been dishing up steaks, burgers and other char-grilled favourites for 28 years. It’s more likely to be the incredibly friendly welcome and the warm, lived-in look of the place. In both Chapel Street and Stockbridge venues, booths and tables jostle together in the small space, underneath various Native American themed pictures and artwork. Despite a recent menu change the emphasis remains steadfastly on the grill, but for a starter it’s well worth checking out the nachos, which deliver a satisfying smack of heat alongside the cooling guacamole, salsa and gooey cheese while still remaining light and crispy. Carnivores are well served here: the El Diablo burger is a juicy, smoky treat, covered in layers of cheese, sour cream, guacamole and jalapeños. The vegetarian ‘Andybub’ burger is rather anonymous, however, as the focus is really on the meat. Desserts are rather few but a toffee Dime Bar cake is a guilty rush of caramelly pleasure.
- Notable dish: burgers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 24 (10 on Fri/Sat)
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £12 per bottle
- BYOB: £1 corkage (wine only)
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 3 reviews of Buffalo Grill./5 from RSS feed of these comments