- Telephone 0131 332 3864
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 6–10.30pm; Fri noon–2.30pm, 6–11pm; Sat noon–4pm, 5–11pm; Sun noon–4pm, 5–10.30pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Website www.buffalogrill.co.uk
Jump to comments (8)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
With a menu that has worked for 26 years, why change it? No reason, when you continue to pull in the crowds the way Buffalo Grill does. The Stockbridge restaurant, an offshoot of the original in the heart of Edinburgh’s student land, is cosy, warm, bustling and very good value. The decor is in keeping with the theme: Aztec-style carpets, wooden tables, leather benches, and photographs of Native Americans on the wall. The menu won’t disappoint the youthful clientele set on finding a typical American steak house feel. Starters are good, particularly the generous sharing platter that gives a chance to try crispy tempura prawns, sweet barbecue ribs and dainty chicken wings. Strong flavoured sauces accompany steaks and burgers complete with chips and salad for mains, while those looking for something a bit different may want to try a generous jambalaya with a strong Cajun tomato sauce. Desserts are along the standard pecan pie, banana cream pie lines, and a bit more effort in this area would pay off.
- High point: A popular cheap and cheerful eatery
- Low point: Steaks standard rather than special
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Classic pop
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 24 (10 on Fri/Sat)
- Open since: 1999
- House wine: £12 per bottle
- BYOB: £1 corkage (wine only)
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 3 reviews of Buffalo Grill./5 from RSS feed of these comments