Mulberry Street Bar Bistro
- Telephone 0141 424 0858
- Opening times Mon–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–11pm.
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–11pm.
- Food served Mon noon–9pm; Tue–Thu noon–9.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm; Sun 12.30–9pm.
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website mulberrystbarbistro.com
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
This lively Italian family-run bar/bistro takes its name from the street running through the heart of New York’s Little Italy. It’s not themed, but subtle shots of Manhattan break up otherwise minimalist décor. The venue is split, one half casual bar that spills over to a south-facing outdoor space – the ideal hotspot to muse over great continental beers on tap. Flipside you can enjoy outstanding globally inspired dishes whether for brunch, lunch or dinner. Worth setting the Sunday alarm for are the light crêpe-style pancakes with yummy caramelised banana. Vegetable tempura is a hit – airy crisp outer, al dente crunch inner, with home-made sweet chilli dip, while a main of tender roast chicken breast is stuffed with tasty chorizo bites and served on subtly spiced five beans. Eggs Benedict doesn’t disappoint either – generous bacon strips, a sunshine yellow soft poached egg and silky smooth hollandaise trigger a smiling nod of satisfaction.
- High point: Great value food well executed
- Low point: Dining room could do with a splash of colour
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Maintream rock/pop – classic and modern
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Down under - Glasgow's South Side10 Sep 2009
The West End might shout louder and jangle its designer bracelets more ostentatiously, but for its many residents, the gigantic, sprawling mass of the South Side is the true heart of Glasgow. As many local historians and geographers have observed…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 3 reviews of Mulberry Street Bar Bistro./5 from RSS feed of these comments