The Bay Tree Restaurant
- Telephone 0141 334 5898
- Opening times Mon–Sat 9am–10.30pm; Sun 9am–9.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 12–6pm
- Average price £7.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £7.95
- Website www.thebaytreewestend.co.uk
Jump to comments (5)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
This Bay Tree can count a good few rings in its trunk; it's been around for over 50 years and was one of the first Arabian restaurants in Scotland. With large portion sizes, and generous servings of salad and creamy hummus served with almost everything, this warm and inviting café is an easy place to relax with friends, or to have a laid-back but substantial evening meal. The Turkish potato chap is a mildly-spiced meatball encased in potato shell, while the aubergines are cooked beautifully, without a hint of bitterness and with a deeply infused garlicky flavour. Soya ice-cream for dessert can also be served as a milkshake, and the giant muffins are moist and rich. Look out for specials like the aubergine bake, which is a tomato-based dish laden with tangy notes and soft, melting aubergine. Service is unobtrusive yet effortlessly friendly.
- High point: Well-honed, healthy dishes served with heaps of salad
- Low point: Perhaps a little too relaxed for diners in a hurry
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop/soft rock
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 1960
- BYOB: No charge corkage (One bottle limit per couple, no spirits)
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 3 reviews of The Bay Tree Restaurant./5 from RSS feed of these comments