Two Fat Ladies
- Telephone 0141 339 1944
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–3pm, 5.30–10.30pm; Sun 1–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5.30–6.45pm
- Average price £14.50 (set lunch)
- Pre-theatre price £14.50
- Website www.twofatladiesrestaurant.com
This review is taken from the current (2014) edition.
The Two Fat Ladies are no stranger to our Hitlist and are well known around Glasgow for serving top quality fresh seafood. The original location, with a small entrance almost hidden away, continues to live up to their reputation. Elbow room is tight but this does nothing to hinder the youthful team as they weave in and out of tables filling wine glasses and offering convivial chat. Cullen skink, fishcakes and mussels in varying Asian broths regularly appear in the starter section or perhaps try the mini fish pie; it’s surprisingly light, full of prawns, cod and salmon all snuggled under a bold crunchy blue cheese crust. A couple of meaty mains feature beside the standard fishy offerings of salmon, coley and plaice. Or enjoy a combination of both – fat scallops, dotted between cubes of mild Stornoway black pudding, the accompanying crab mornay sauce is bold coral in colour yet delicate in flavour and rounds the dish nicely. Finish with a delicious Baileys panacotta – just the right amount of wobbly set custard, coated in a rich white chocolate sauce served with a crunchy pistachio biscotti.
- High point: Cosy romantic restaurant with lots to enjoy on the menu
- Low point: Farmed salmon can be a it flabby
- Notable dish: Mini fish pie with a blue cheese crust
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Post-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 28
- Largest group: 28
- Open since: 1989
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £18.45 per bottle
Reviews & features
Neat diners around town & beyond5 Mar 2009
The Wee Curry Shop 7 Buccleuch Street, Glasgow 0141 353 0777, www.motherindia.co.uk For over a decade this Garnethill dining room has been one of Glasgow’s best loved little eating spots, with just 25 covers but a big reputation for simple, fresh…
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Two Fat Ladies./5 from RSS feed of these comments