- Telephone 0141 572 1448
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Wed 11am–4pm; Thu 11am–8pm; Fri 11am–4pm; Sat 10am–6.30pm; Sun 12.30–6pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.navantaverns.com/bar10/
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Tucked down an alleyway opposite the Lighthouse, this 1990s café-style bar is a befitting sanctuary to escape the hustle and bustle of Buchanan Street. This converted warehouse is as much an arts space as it is a watering hole. It has the feel of an architect’s studio − exposed steel beams aloft, tubular steel high stools, long marble bar and gallery wall artwork for sale. Not much has changed over the years. Food served is formulaic lunchtime fare – fresh nachos, soups and sarnies, baked tatties, mac ‘n’ cheese and the like. Its cosmopolitan vibe attracts a broad mix of shoppers, office workers and pre-club hipsters. A good range of craft bottled beers and continental brews on tap is bolstered by selected cocktails at £3 a pop, house plonk at £9 and DJs spinning ear-candy on weekend nights.
- High point: Central location
- Low point: Service can be laid-back
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- Provides: Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Urban tunes
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 110
- Open since: 1991
- House wine: Sun–Thu £9; Fri–Sat £3.50 per bottle
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Evince Rock Jewellery Exhibition
Showcase of new jewellery and crafts.
UWS Third Year Show
Art from third year students of the University of the West of Scotland. All work in the show is for sale.